Friday, October 19, 2012

Quickie

    Last night's workout nearly didn't happen. I had done my push-up/dip challenge throughout the day: 15 reps each, every hour on the hour, 10 sets total for 150 reps. Once I was off work I had to punch life into high gear, running errands, shopping, then racing for home with a long To Do list to get ready for a weekend away. From the minute I walked through the door I was busy. Finally, at about 8pm I realized that if I was going to get in a workout it had to be Now. I stopped cleaning, packing, fussing, and changed into workout gear. I needed a good upper body/core workout. Needed. I did a basic repeat of tuesday's workout, once again reveling in the "everything old is new again" feel of my familiar, but long-shelved workout. last night I did up the intensity just a little, with the final round pushing me to a point of happy fatigue. I follwed with an easy dinner of poached chicken breast, diced, with guacamole, and a delicious smoothie. Next week, I will be back in the pool, and heading into my winter routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment