Monday, September 3, 2012

Up Too Early

    Into Taper Week. This morning, as much as I wanted to sleep late, Brain and Body would not allow it. Neither would the dogs, for that matter. So I spent a little time, feigning sleep, thinking of the past few weeks, my upcoming event and planning my week, strategizing. I rode Joshua a dozen miles yesterday, in high gears, high pedal reps, lower speed, taking it easy. I think I will ride again today, since it does not tax my muscles, and I do not want to let my muscles take a total vacation this week. This morning, since I am up early, I have decided that some time walking on the treadmill would be beneficial. I won't run this week, I know I can do the 5K, and nothing I can do at this point will increase my speed in that discipline.
    Later today, I will take the wetsuit back to The Cove, and stick my face in the water. I may swing by the store and see if they have tinted goggles in the style of Speedo that I love. I purchased a nice pair of Speedos with wider, green tinted lenses, thinking they would be better for my OW swims. They were not as comfortable as mine, but I figured they would be fine for the 30 minutes I would be in the lake, but it was the fact that the right side leaked that made me have to return them, and welcome back my little, comfy pair.
    I have a confession to make. I have purchased another wetsuit. Online. Through The Clymb Labor Day Sale. I could not help myself. It is a 2XU R:1 racing suit. It was clearance priced at $93. The regular price? $464. That's right, Four Hundred Sixty Four Bucks. Never in my life would I be able to justify spending that kind of money on any article of clothing, ever. Especially what is essentially a luxury item. Okay, not really a luxury, since alleviating the sensation of imminent drowning has no price tag. But I did save $371 and am getting a premier suit for the price of a used, mediocre suit. I still feel a little guilty, as well as giddy. The suit will not be here in time for my upcoming event, but it will be here in plenty of time for the Portland Tri, where I am planning on entering the Olympic distance. It is a full suit though, and I think I would have preferred a shorty, but this will let me swim in all temperatures. Hell, I may do OW swims all winter. Maybe.
    Time's a-wasting, I need to get dressed, pour another cup of coffee and hit the treadmill for a bit, just to warm the muscles, nothing arduous. Then maybe a bit of Yoga. Like I have mentioned before, I do not Taper well.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment