Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Feeling Remarkable

    I am feeling remarkably great after my recent Tri. My body feels good, very little muscle soreness. True, my calves are a little tight, but not nearly where they were after the first Tri. I know my training is paying off. True, my times were not spectacular, but they were better, and my body felt much better during the race. And my recovery rate has been outstanding.
    So now I know that I can Taper less, and get back to training sooner than I had expected. I know a rest period is needed after exertion, but I do not feel any different than if I had just done a really good workout two days ago. Tonight I am back at the pool, working on my stroke, building my shoulders. Tomorrow I plan on doing my Down and Dirty 30 for legs before I head off to firefighter drill. I know what my body can withstand, and what it thrives on. I know that I do not sit idle well. I know that inactivity makes me hurt worse than an ass-kicking workout.
    I am diving into research again, looking for ways to increase my performance, new and exciting exercises to add to the regime, even better nutrition. I want to have an epic Sprint Tri right out of the gates next spring, and move right on to Olympic distance. Hell, I may jump straight to Olympic distance. But or now, I will keep analyzing each discipline, increase my knowledge of training techniques, keep tweaking my nutrition, maybe start training with a group to make sure I push myself further. I think this will be an epic winter on many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment