Thursday, September 6, 2012

Selkie Dreams

    I had a strange, interesting, encouraging dream last night. I ponder my Dreams in daylight, my goals, hopes, wishes, plans, Dreams. But this was a dream, weird, convoluted, yet clear and on point with my Dreams. I was competing in a triathlon at a resort somewhere in the mountains. A beautiful resort, lake with clear water, tall fir trees shading the cycling and running routes. It is the swimming leg of my dream that seems most important; I did my swim easily, comfortably, and getting out of the water I thought to myself, "Now I know I'm ready to do an Olympic Tri." Really and truly. It makes me think that my subconscious mind has full faith in my abilities. Deep in the grey matter recesses of Brain lies the proof that I am ready. Brain knows, though won't admit it easily in the light of day. Brain knows and proves it in the still of the night.
    I do have swim gear strapped to the motorcycle for an after work swim. I am not planning to swim hard, or even far. What I plan is to play in the water. Gear up, cannonball off the dock, paddle around, blow bubbles, float, bob in the water, play. Plain and simple. I think this is the practice I need more than distance, more than lap after lap. I need to relax and enjoy the water. I do love the feeling of weightlessness. The freedom. I want to feel like a Selkie in the water. A Selkie, the shapeshifter of lore, shedding their seal skin to become human and dance on the sand, slipping back into seal skin and returning to their home in the waves. I want to be a Selkie. I will be a Selkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment