Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Officially Registered

    Okay. It is done. I am officially registered for The Best In The West Long Course Triathlon, aka a Half-Ironman, aka my "A Race." I have known all along that this was going to be this year's Carrot, my reason for building my endurance, fine tuning my nutrition, and basically beating holy hell out of my body for the next 6 months or so. I am excited. No, I am beyond excited, this is a whole new realm of anticipation. I will spend the next 171 days prepping Body, Mind, and Spirit for this event. It is a total of 70.2 miles, swim start to run finish. Thinking of it makes my heart do a quick two-step. Yes, I knew this was what I was planning to do, the culmination of this season's training, another lifetime goal to check off the list. But I hadn't registered, so it was not official. It has been on my mind, and I did not doubt that I would sign up, but I started having the fear that I would procrastinate just a day too long and find the entries full and closed. I feared that I would be left on the sidelines, pouting, angry with Self for screwing off and losing our chance. True, I can't really afford the entry fee right now, but I doubt that I will be able to afford it any easier in a month, or two or three. So, it is done. It is Official, come hell or high water I am competing in my first ever Half-Ironman in 171 days. Panic attack pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment