Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Happily Bone Tired

    Back into the pool tonight. I took 10 days off after straining my right pec while swimming, and then really tweaking it at Academy working with the Denver Prop (long story, suffice to say, it is not easy climbing through a chest high, 30" wide window in full turnouts, and SCBA, but I did it). I was a bit concerned that I might have problems tonight so I took the first 10 laps to do some easy warmups to make sure everything was working properly. Happy to report, everything seems okey-dokey. So I had a good swim. I decided I would only swim about a mile and a half. Swam 40 laps, and then worked with the aqua jogger for 20 minutes. Back to laps, I alternated one length backstoke, one length crawl for five laps, then simple tread water for a slow count of 200. I did three sets.Wash, Rinse, and Repeat. I finished with five laps of crawl, intensely focusing on long, strong strokes all evening. I am getting the hang of the "swimming downhill" feeling. It has become my natural, go-to stroke. I feel like I grow six inches longer when I am in the water as I stretch and reach into every stroke. Swimming makes me feel long and lean, strong and sleek. It was a fantastic workout, I am tired head to toe. I followed it with my favorite quick, easy meal: spinach, chicken breast, guacamole salad. I am bone tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment