Monday, January 13, 2014

Training Log 13012014.22:17

Training Log Stardate 13012014.22:17

Mondays I always choose to not do an early morning workout, I try to start the week decently rested.
Woke at 6:30. Drank 1 pint of water immediately after rising. Breakfast 2 egg burrito (btw, this is basically 2 eggs, scrambled in a corn/flour blend tortilla, so I can eat it on my drive to work). Drank 1 liter of water on drive to work.

Work day Food Bucket: 1 Cliff Bar, 2 bananas, 1 orange, 1/2 cup raw almonds, 1 pint roasted winter veg, 4 slices gf pumpkin bread with peanut butter, 1 black bean brownie.

Evening workout: Treadmill, walked 1 mile to warm up. Ran 3.25 miles, with 15 second walk breaks as my asthma dictated. I was having a lot of throat congestion, which is one of the most annoying aspects of asthma inflammation, it really interferes with my breathing. I did take 2 hits on the inhaler before starting my workout, but I don't know that it helped much. My running is not coming along as well as I would like, I had less difficulty increasing my swimming and cycling. Or maybe it just seems like it was less difficult because of my enjoyment of swimming and cycling. Also, with cycling, I got to increase my mileage outside in sunny weather, with swimming, I really added distance once I was swimming in The Cove. Is it just the hamster wheel monotony of the dreadmill that is making it seem more arduous? I do know that running will trigger my asthma, whereas swimming and cycling rarely ever do. I will just have to be consistent, and stubborn, as I am inclined to do anyway.

Dinner: My regular smoothie, and 2 vegan spinach soft tacos. Also 1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chips. I have been craving chocolate lately, I don't know if it is the weather, or just that I am hungry all the time.

I will say, one a day workouts do make for slightly easier journaling, but I feel like one a day is not enough, not once you reach this stage in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment