Thursday, January 16, 2014

Falling Behind... Training Log 14/15/16

Training Log Stardate 16012014.21:55

Since I have fallen several days behind, I won't bore you with all the details of my rather monotonous diet.

Tuesday: Woke at 5:15, drank 1 pint of water.
Morning workout:: Cycled 70 minutes alternating high cadence/moderate resistance and lower cadence/higher resistance. Stretched 10 minutes
Evening workout: Swam 70 minutes, did 50 laps at a moderate, steady pace.

Wednesday: Woke at 5:15, drank 1 pint of water.
Morning workout: Cycled 45 minutes, legs felt kind of dead, so I cut the cycling short and did 20 minutes of core work.
Drill night, so no evening workout.

Thursday: Decided to give my legs 48 hours off, so no morning cycling. I don't let my legs rest often, there is so much to do; cycle, run, strength train, explosive plyometrics. There are not enough days in teh week it seems.
Evening workout: Swam 70 minutes. Warmup of 10 laps Crawl. Main swim Individual Medley sets: 2 laps crawl, 1 lap back stroke, 1 lap breast stroke. First 3 sets with hand paddles, then 6 sets without. I swam at a higher intensity than race pace. Total laps 46. Individual Medley is far more tiring than straight up lap swimming, breast stroke takes a ridiculous amount of energy. It was a good swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment