Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Down and Dirty Thirty

    Came up with a new, quick leg workout that I have dubbed The Down and Dirty Thirty. Thirty minutes, nonstop, of leg work. I did 5 of my regular exercises, back to back, no breaks, as many sets as I could do in thirty minutes. This afternoons choice of sets: Horse Stance (wide) Squats 50 reps; Split Squats (aka stationary lunge) 20 reps each leg; Forward Standing Leg Raise 20 reps each leg; Deep Jump Squats 15 reps; Prisoner Squats 20 reps. Over and over. A solid 30 minutes. It got me dripping sweat, muscles a bit quivery, and just a little nauseated. Just a little. It was an excellent workout  for a day when my time was stretched to the limit.
    Then, once I got home from work I did a solid 20 minute ab workout with the same principle (yes the Down and Dirty Thirty was completed at work *ha ha*). Seven of my basic ab exercises, nonstop for 20 minutes. I would have done more but needed to eat something before blasting off to Drill Night at the fire station. Tonight was hose lay and hydrant hookup in full gear. Sweaty work, and a nice little workout in it's own right.
    All in all a very good evening. I am tired, and know that the one thing my training schedule tends to skimp on is sleep. I do need to remedy that, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment