Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tuesday Workout

    My Tuesday workout started with the epic swim: 15 laps, 750 feet; alternating freestyle, breaststroke, sidestroke, backstroke. It was tiring, a damned good workout. But it wasn't quite enough. Once home I wolfed down a banana and a cup of unsweetened almond milk, then ran a slow, easy 3/4 mile on the treadmill (forgive me, coach), barefoot, to rewarm my muscles. Then I did a modified and lighter version of my normal upper body and core strength training workout: with heavy band; 3 sets each rotating press, French curl, fly, upright row, press and one armed rotating row. Also 3 sets of tricep dips. Followed this with a solid 20 minutes of stretching focusing on quads, hamstrings, calves, back and shoulders. Slammed 8oz of almond milk mixed with scoop of whey protein for quick muscle recovery.
    My soreness from the unaccustomed swimming spree is yet to be determined since I have about a 48 hour delay on the full level of muscle soreness. So, tomorrow will be the acid test. Did I over do it? Nah. If I don't  push myself, who will? I am my own drill sergeant, pushing myself to new levels of endurance and strength, and maybe just a little pain.
    Dinner was an epic meal: Small bowl of leftover venison spaghetti sauce chock full of meat and veggies, with the addition of a can of black beans to make a delicious chili. Guacamole made with 1/2 small avocado, 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup salsa with a side of chips made by toasting strips of corn/wheat tortillas under the broiler until golden and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment