Saturday, June 30, 2012

Don't Dream It, Be It

    I dreamed I was ready for a Half Ironman. I know I am not, but I have decided that I want to be ready for an Olympic distance Tri this season, and a Half Ironman by next season. Yes I set myself lofty goals. But this is my time to make my dreams become reality. And I dreamt it, so I think my subconscious believes I can do it. So now do I push myself harder? Or stay the course? I am working hard towards realizing my dreams. Working towards better fitness and preparedness. I want to be able to step onto the course for my first Tri Sprint and totally rock the race. I want to be well prepared, strong, powerful, and fast. I know speed has never been my strong suit, but I know I can improve. I know I am improving. I am looking at several events now, looking with the strong draw that I recognize as inevitability. It will happen, and sooner rather than later. I feel it. My subconscious knows it, even if the rest of my mind falters a bit.
    For too much of my life I have looked towards goals, wished and hoped, but then found the multitude of excuses. I allow myself to fall short, for a multitude of seemingly valid reasons. I am done with excuses. I am done with falling short. I am finally reaching for a dream, and will not allow myself to fail. I will not allow any excuses, valid or otherwise, to interfere with where I want to take my life. The Triathlon is really symbolic of how I want to live my life, reach for my goals, grab life with both hands. No more excuses. I have dreamt it, now I will live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment