Thursday, June 28, 2012

Not Too Sore

    I am feeling moderately sore today, but not nearly as much as I had been envisioning. I usually have a 36 to 48 hour delay on any muscle or joint soreness, so was fully expecting to not be able to even lift my arms today after my first swim session 2 days ago. Delighted that not only can I lift my arms and dress myself, but am looking forward to adding a few laps tonight. I do have to remind myself that I have part two of the Firefighters Physical Agility test practice session coming up day after tomorrow and do not want to head into it too tight. There is one station that is a tad worrisome: 20 blows with a 12 pound sledge hammer. I THINK I will be fine, but I certainly haven't trained for it. I am just trusting my overall fitness to make the difference. And hell, I have split tons of wood, literally, in my lifetime, so I should be able to manage.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment