Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Right Mindset

    I have learned that the right mindset is invaluable, in all aspects of life, and especially when we want to make changes and realize dreams. "What do I have control over, here and now? What can I do to get me closer to my goal." This from an article on Ironman mentality. It is pertinent to all aspects of life. I have always been a firm believer in making "A Plan." Yes, I always envision it in capital letters, A Plan. Especially in times of extreme stress or duress, I will struggle to make A Plan and lock on to it to help propel me through tough times. This can be as simple as keeping nutrition and exercise on line and moving forward despite the obstacles life tends to throw into my path. What it boils down to is finding some aspect of life I have control over, and using it as a light through the chaos. This has kept me on track and ever improving my life in all aspects. Find one thing I have control over, and make it work for me. Pushing past or eliminating the negative aspects of life that are beyond my control. Fitness has always been my tether to sanity, and that one thing that can make me feel as if there is some order among chaos. People have commented on my workout ethic, they don't realize that it is more than an ethic, it is a lifeline.
    Now, as I set my sights higher and higher, upping the ante, pushing myself further and further, I am still mindful of maintaining A Plan, keeping my head in the present. What do I have control over, here and now? Breaking the race that is my life into smaller, manageable segments so I can experience small successes, small triumphs on my way to bigger and crazier victories. By keeping my head in the present I can stay focused, and prevent life from spiraling into unmanageable chaos. Small steps eventually cover a considerable distance. Staying focused, having A Plan, keeping the right mindset will move me ever closer to my goal. To all my goals and dreams. The Right Mindset will get me where I want to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment