Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One Food At A Time

    Once again I am reduced to fractionated eating. One food at a time, wait for potential reactions, then sample something else. It is not working very well, everything seems to upset the delicate balance of me. If I don't get my gut under control, or at least understood, I am in for a potentially miserable existence. For the last week I have suffered near nonstop distress in one form or another. This has included, but not been limited to cramps, heartburn, nausea, sharp pains, bloating, gagging, and the notorious "I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth" grossness while working out or getting horizontal. Needless to say, this has not been a stellar week. I am not even sure if there is one particular culprit, everything seems to cause one problem or another, or multiple problems. How am I to fuel the engine that is me if I cannot find a fuel that doesn't befoul the system? I don't want to have to "get used to it," as I have told myself on occasion. I don't want to be limited to a handful of bland foods. I want to be able to freely enjoy the vast array of beautiful, delicious, healthy foods that I need to stoke my body. My weight is where I want it, I don't want to compromise that by either not eating enough, or having to eat the "wrong" foods because they are all that my body will tolerate (white rice and chocolate being a few of those). It is an ongoing dilemma that I need to get sorted soon. I can't go into the racing season without being able to eat what I need to power myself as far as I want to go. This will require more analysis and research. Fortunately, I am good at both.

No comments:

Post a Comment