Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bread

    On a nutritional note, I realize that I am glad my body has decided to be sensitive to wheat and dairy. This has let me cut out a lot of foods that I know I should not eat anyway, and has me creating delicious substitutes. This evening, I was creating this week's loaf of quick bread; a gluten free, wheat free, whole grain, pumpkin, banana bread chock full of rolled oats, toasted pumpkin seed, walnuts, dried cherries, flax seed, hemp seed, and toasted brown rice, and I was delighted to be able to make such a beautiful fuel for my body. I use this bread as a replacement for a normal, store bought, yeasty loaf of wheat bread. Yes, there are some great breads available with all sorts of ancient grains, nuts, whole grains, etc, but they do not compare to the epicness of my home baked delights. So, even though it requires a bit more forethought, I am glad my body has led me down a healthier path, even though it was a bit heavy-handed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment