Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Goal Clarity


    In my studies to help self-coach myself to a successful triathlon season I came upon an article, "6-Step Formula to Triathlon Success." The first, and most important step is "Get Goal Clarity." Identify what I want, and why I want it. This was easy enough for me in the athletic aspect of my life, I want to compete in a Half-Ironman to prove to myself that I can. To prove that hard work pays off, that age is just a number and not a limiter. So I train, hard. I have always had a strong workout ethic, but this last year, and for the upcoming season, I am dialing it up, taking it to the next level and beyond. To me, this is simple, I can do this, I have no doubts. I have identified my Goal, my Objective, my Dream, and I will pursue it with a single-minded compulsion. It is what I do. It is how I am.
    Goal Clarity is important in all aspects of life, beyond the athletic arena. I am moving into whole new arenas, in all aspects of my life. Goal Clarity, identifying my dreams and ambitions, finding the paths that will lead me where I want/need to go. I have made list of dreams to achieve, in this, The Year of Grand Adventures. A long list of unfulfilled dreams, some that go back to my youth, some that have been on the backburner for a decade, glorious dreams that will finally be realized. I like being able to put names to things, it makes them substantial and gives me power over them, be they demons or dreams. Now I have a name for my list of dreams: Goal Clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment