Thursday, November 1, 2012

Seriously? Stomach?

    One annoying roadblock to trying to keep on track and focused as far as fueling the machine that is me, is my recent inability to eat a wide variety of foods due to gastrointestinal distress. It seems as if I can't eat without having some form of digestive dilemma. Frankly, this is pissing me off more than just a little bit. Healthy, amazing foods are often proving too much for my delicate constitution. The list of forbidden foods seems to grow daily. Even when I keep it simple, gluten free, and dairy free, my stomach sabotages me. On the bright side, it does make me uber-conscious of what goes in my face. But when even fresh, delicious, simple foods backfire, it seems so wrong on every level. I mean, seriously Body, what the hell?! I do my damnedest to keep you healthy and happy. Hell, I bend over backwards catering to your finicky requests. Bendfuckingover Backwards! And still you whine and complain, piss and moan, grumble, gripe, and cause me all kinds of pain. I would put you on bread and water, but I can't eat fucking bread anymore. Even black coffee has become problematic, but I will be g'damned if I am going to give up my coffee for you. I have given up so much already. What next? I have reached a point where I think of eating only fresh fruit and raw nuts, and drinking only water. Or just saying "Fuck You," and eating whatever the hell I please. Granted, that would be the this-hurts-me-more-than-it-hurts-you approach, and I'm not really ready to go down that road. Not yet. But c'mon Stomach, give me a break. Please. I am doing my best to keep Body fueled and strong, and to keep you pain free and happy, but you are making it difficult on nearly every level. I am trying. So cut me some slack, m'kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment