Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Time Crunch Crunch

    What to do when time is limited? Fast and furious workout targeting a specific area. Tonight I opted for core and abs, since I feel that you can never work too much on the muscles that make you more than a floppy bag of entrails. I am really digging the Slosh Tubes, they are both dynamic and strengthening. Doing standing figure eights with the 2" x 5' and then with the 3" x 6' Tubes quickly warms up all the muscles in my torso and I can feel the pleasant strain of muscles being put to the test. I added in an Ax Chop motion with the 5' tube, which worked my abs and they are definitely going to remind me about it tomorrow. So total Ab/Core workout included 3 sets of 20 each: 2" x 5' Tube; standing figure eights, side bends, bent over twist, full sit-up, seated figure eights, ax chop. 3" x 6' Tube; standing figure eights, full sit-up, "good morning" bow. Also side crunch, standard crunch with twist, crunch with legs straight toes towards ceiling, twisting crunch with legs straight toes to ceiling, scissor kicks with shoulders off the ground. It ended up being about 40 minutes of exclusively torso work, and I know my muscles will be grumbling a bit about it tomorrow. But when you are Time Crunched, do Crunches, your abs will thank you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment