Saturday, August 8, 2015

Never Enough Time

    It would seem rational that it would be easier to motivate into an after work workout during the summer when the sun is shining. Instead, I feel like I am always in a race with the sun to see how much I can accomplish in the way of home improvements, yard work, or general outdoor chores before darkness falls. Then, I stagger into the house, at 8:30 or later, tired from work, tired from chores, and still facing the knowledge that I need to get in a workout. I tell myself I need to be getting up early so I can get in a good morning training session. But that falls by the wayside since I stay up too late every night, trying to eke out as many minutes as I can from every day. As always, never enough time in the day. Never. So, once again, here it is nearly 8:30, I feel raggedly tired, and yet am sitting here in cycling shorts, planning on getting in a spin and some legwork. I need be consistent with the rehab on the knee, and continue building strength and flexibility. Yes, I will likely be working out until 10:00 or so, as usual. So, why am I wasting time writing? Procrastination, plain and simple. I'm tired, have been on my feet all day, and it feels damned good to sit. I have rejuvenated myself a bit with some strong, black, iced tea. Time to get at it. No rest for the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment