Sunday, May 26, 2013

Enough?

    One thought nags at me. Am I training enough? Am I? Can I put in enough hours to reach my goals? Does it need to become all consuming? How many hours a day do I need to commit to training? Two? Three? More? I am trying to work on a schedule that will give me the hours and miles I will need to have body, mind, and spirit ready the day I step into the water for that 1.2 mile swim. I am beginning a surge of cycling with the hope of adding strength, power, and stamina. The aim here is to be strong in the swim and cycle so I can conserve energy for the run. It is my best strategy. Actually, it is considered a smart strategy for all long course triathletes.
    They say to play to your strengths. In reality, strength is my strength. I am strong, and stubborn. I know my best course is to continue to build my strength and stamina, but this takes time. Time, commitment, perseverance, desire, and drive. I have all these, except time. So I will have to find a way to make time. Can I train enough? I will train as much as I can, and that will have to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment