Friday, October 14, 2016

Off Season, Getting Back On Track

    Where has the time gone? Pretty sure no one has really noticed my absence here lately, but it has been a while since I posted. I haven't been as diligent with my training this last month as I would like. Partly because I don't have anything on the calendar to be training for, but there have also been mitigating circumstances that have caused a minor break in my habits. The pool was closed for nearly 2 weeks for cleaning and resurfacing. That threw a rock in the cogs, for sure. Then, this last week has been chockablock with outside responsibilities surrounding work and fire station events. I am not making excuses, well, not really anyway. But when an 8 hour work day then extends another 4 or 5 hours, it does make it tough to get in a decent workout. Add in the intruders that came over several times to lay claim to the tiny house, interrupting my peace, and it made for stress and chaos all around.
    Enough of excuses. I have been maintaining my strength and core workouts, even if my swim and cardio have dropped off the last few weeks. Where I have been failing though is in the nutrition arena. This time of year all I really want to do is eat carbs and sleep. Events at work and in various life circles have not helped me refrain from the carb indulgences. This weekend should be the last of the distractions though, as our annual Fire Station Chicken Dinner is tomorrow, with cleanup on Sunday, then I am back to a semi normal routine.
    Monday I will be back in the weight room and the pool, come hell or high water (okay, with the storm warnings for this weekend, high water could be a real thing). I will get back on track with training and nutrition, before the winter doldrums can claim me, and add that winter fat layer. I think that is where I am freaking out the most, I do not ever want to return to my previous, heavier self. Ever. I worked too hard to get where I am to let a month or two of overwork and stress derail me for life. So, Monday. Back on track. Off season training begins in earnest. Weights, strength training, core, cardio, plyometrics. I am on it like sweat on a runner. Back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment