Sunday, October 16, 2016

2017 No Excuses

    Sitting here in a mucous fueled fog, fighting a cold and refusing to be sick, I am looking ahead to 2017. I always have to have one eye on the future, even if, like the last 2 years, there has not been much racing involved. I don't know that there will be very many races in 2017, but I have to make sure there are a few epic ones. There has to be a reason to train, a purpose, There has to be at least one good reason for me to drive myself, push past the pain, live happily with the aches.
    Last season I was deflated by the announcement that my A Race was cancelled, permanently. I shifted my sights to long swims, and a shorter triathlon, But those plans were sidelined as well.
    The coming season, 2017: No Excuses. I don't have a solid race schedule yet, or a corresponding training plan. I have a decent idea of what I want to accomplish next year, so that does give me a wide target for training. I will start with base building, as one should always do. Then, as I get events solidly on the calendar I can narrow my training focus.
    Right now, this minute, I need to get over this cold. But I also need to get in at least a token workout. I am thinking weight lifting, upper body, and maybe some core work. Adding strength is always appropriate, no matter what the training plan. Tomorrow is Leg Day followed by a moderate swim.
      Looking ahead to 2017. No Excuses. There will be epic events.

No comments:

Post a Comment