Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Lead Legs, Fatigue, Normal Weirdness

    My legs have felt like lead the last few days. I am not sure WTH is up with them, but it has been a bit disconcerting. Today should have been Leg Day, but I know better than to push muscles that are asking for a bit of rest. Okay, sometimes I am good at knowing better, often I really suck at it. Tonight I decided I needed to listen to my body. I did 45 minutes on the bike, high cadence, easy-ish gear. I started into my leg workout, but got halfway through my first set of high knees and decided it was not going to end well. Instead, I opted for an hour of intense core work. Funny how my legs can feel tired and puny, and yet my abs were ready to be punished and rose to the occasion.
    I have been doing 20-30 minutes of leg work in the pool after every swim, basically physical therapy to try to get my running back on track. So maybe today was a combination of multiple trips up and down stairs and hills on Sunday, leg work at the pool yesterday, and a job that has me on my feet on concrete all day.
    I have been feeling ridiculously fatigued, and voraciously hungry lately. Almost as if I was pregnant. But I can assure you, I am not. Immaculate conception aside, it can't happen. But the feeling is similar. I have been so very tired, my energy level is whacked (manic cleaning one minute, absolute lethargy the next), hungry all the time yet with an undercurrent of unhappy stomach, sleep quality isn't great, and I have been a bit emotional lately. See? Sounds like first trimester.
    Maybe what I really need is to readjust my eating, get more rest (stop writing when I should be in bed), and alter my training program a bit. Not that I am training all that hard right now, but I have increased my strength training since I haven't been able to run. I guess I should stop being at all surprised when my body is acting weird. Weird is the norm for me.
    Now, I will put words to action, stop writing, and get my tired ass to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment