Monday, May 30, 2016

Bit By Bit

    An hour of Tai Chi in the morning, which really let me feel last night's leg and core workout, and a day of yardwork. Does this count as a well rounded workout for the day? No, it does not. Monday is typically a swim day, after a long day at work, so tonight will be upper body and a more serious core workout. I will say, pulling weeds and raking are great for chest, triceps, and shoulders.
    I know I've mentioned it more than I should, but I feel like my training intensity isn't matching up to what it could/should be. I know this is only by comparison of what it was 2 years ago. Comparing to even 3 years ago I know my swimming, cycling, and strength training are way ahead of where I was. What makes the difference now is that a solid hour plus swim is par for the course and feels, dare I say it, Easy. A few years ago I was celebrating being able to swim a mile nonstop without wanting to die. Now I feel like a slacker if my swim is less that 1-1/2 miles, and shorter than 60 minutes.
    If/when I get my running back on track then I can start really focusing on the half-Iron training for September. I need to get my leg strength to peak then as well, since the Firefighter Stairclimb is the following weekend, and that will be brutal on weary legs.
    Just gotta keep training. Pushing forward bit by bit. Increasing strength and endurance in small careful increments. "Make haste slowly." Time for a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment