Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I Win!

    A few months ago I entered a contest to win three months free triathlon coaching. It was basically an essay contest put on through Triathlete magazine. 100 women across the country would reap the benefit. What the hell. I entered. I figured I could put my dubious writing skills to good use. Surprise, surprise, I won.  I won!  I don't really ever win anything. Yeah, yeah, this could be a scam. Starts out all easy and then the high pressure sales pitch hits, and they try to bilk me out of my savings. Well, if that's the case, the joke's on them. I don't have any savings!  Bwah ha ha ha!
    Anyhoo. All joking aside, or most of it anyway, I am excited. To this point I have been completely self coached, except for a few lessons in running my first summer. I am a good coach though. I study hard, am always looking for ways to improve technique, function, and keep my training fresh. My biggest concern, as a self coached athlete, and a decently well-informed one, is how well will I take to having someone else tell me what to do? It will be very difficult for me to turn the reins over to a total stranger. I am stubborn, there is no denying it. I am also well aware of my body's shortcomings and difficulties. But still, I am excited. Maybe this will be exactly what I need to get my running back on track, my cycling speed up, and keep increasing my swim endurance. Swim Smart. Bike Strong. Run Tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment