Saturday, November 15, 2014

Good News, Bad News

    The bad news: I will be unemployed come January first. The good news: OMG just think how often I will be able to workout! No, seriously, this really was one of my first thoughts after hearing that they were closing my department by Christmas. I will be able to train like I have wished I could for a long time. Okay, hopefully I won't be unemployed very long, but I am going to try and make the best of it. Another great aspect of having a bit more free time is the ability to get caught up on my writing, finish a few of the works I have in progress and haven't been able to quite finish off, as well as start a new writing project or two. One idea I have swirling around in my over-active brain is a book on triathlon on a budget. I won't be more specific than that right now (don't want one of my 12 readers to swipe my idea *ha ha*). I think if there is one area of triathlon that I have a bit better than average knowledge it is how to do it on the cheap. I admit, setting up T2 and seeing all the glorious tri-bikes next to my old school road bike, I am inclined to feel a bit like the girl from the wrong side of the tracks. But I don't participate in this sport for glory or recognition, or to have the spendiest bike on the rack, I do it because I enjoy it, and I feel that by pushing myself to reach for what may have seemed impossible not long ago that I am making myself a better person. Hell, I am definitely in the best shape of my life (well, at least I was on September 20th), and plan on being even more fit come September of 2015. I don't have the qualifications to be a trainer, but I definitely qualify to help people find a bargain.
    On that note, time to get my workout space organized so I can get in a bike and strength training workout a little later. Onward through the fog!

No comments:

Post a Comment