Sunday, March 26, 2017

One Week In

    I am not inclined to do drastic diets, I have done plenty of weird, fad things during my life. Having said that, I am almost a week into 30 days of no grains, no dairy, no baked goods, and minimal sugar. Kind of low carb, but still with plenty of natural carbs in the way of yams, and lots of fruit. I was looking at the Clean30 diet, and decided that it was nigh on impossible to do as a vegetarian. As a matter of fact, when you read through their official site it implies that if you are vegetarian you might want to consider adding some meat, "grass fed beef and free range poultry should be fine..." Honestly, it pissed me off. Besides, I do need to have some legumes now and then, and maybe a little quinoa and teff if need be, to break the monotony of eggs, fruits and veggies, Okay, there is a bit more to it than that, but that really is the basic break down. This hasn't been too tough, since I am gluten-free, mostly dairy free (a bit of extra sharp cheddar now and then), and don't use much sugar (1/2 tsp at most in my coffee, a bit more in my tea). I am missing my dark chocolate and fresh baked gluten-free bread with a little sharp cheddar, though.
    One week in and I feel less bloated, and I am down a few pounds (which is likely water, since carbs help you maintain water). I don't know that my energy level is any better, but the cold wet weather isn't helping me in that department. One thing I have notice in the last few days is that I am having less joint pain. Mostly, my tendons seem to feel less stiff and painful. I don't know if this is a coincidence, but I will take what I can get. I would love to come to the end of the 30 days a few pounds lighter, more energetic, more motivated, and less chronic pain. Who knows? Maybe I need to be even more neurotic with my eating than I already am? That would suck. But I can do most anything for 30 days, if there is better health at the end of the tunnel. (still missing chocolate and cheese though).

No comments:

Post a Comment