Thursday, March 30, 2017

Dream of Running

    I dream of running. Not just daydreams. I dream vividly of running. In my dreams I run with an agility and speed that I have never managed in the real world. In my dreams I bound down trails with the grace of a white tail deer, the endurance of an ancient hunter, the lightness of a wood nymph. There is never any pain, unlike the real world. Last night I dreamed of running up a long staircase of ancient stone as part of my regular training. I went from staggering up like I likely would in reality, but quickly, through regular training, I was leaping up taking it three steps at a time. I was a beast. I drifted into semi-consciousness thinking, "I need to add stairs to my training." Then woke completely knowing that any run training has been on hold for over a year. In other words, there is no run training.
    My last running event was a 5K last summer. I am staying consistent with the strength training and physical therapy aspects of training, with the vain hope that it will let me run at some point. I haven't given up on the idea, but I will be starting from ground zero.
    Until then, I dream of running.  

No comments:

Post a Comment