Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Slightly Scrambled, But Packed and Ready

    I skipped my swim this afternoon, it would have been my last visit to The Cove this year (unless I sac up and do a cold weather swim). I decided I needed to be able to shop and pack without a time crunch. Yes, I am feeling a bit slovenly for not working out, but I needed to know all my gear was packed and ready. I can't believe it is down to the wire now. All my race gear, and most of my food is now packed in the car and ready, all else is incidental. I just have to get through work tomorrow, then drive to Bend, find my motel, get in a 30 minute spin session, eat, and collapse into bed. Friday will be sign in and packet pickup, then off to Cultus Lake to get Joshua set up in T2. Depending on the day, I am tempted to try and get in a quick swim, but then all my swim gear would be wet, and likely not dry in time for my 7:30 am race start. So many little, loose ends to keep from fraying, loose ends and nerves, all frayed.
    It has been a tough week, with more than my fair share of external and internal stress making my focus be less than ideal. Too many things going on that have my head near to exploding. The stress seemed to hit its peak yesterday at work, drama coming at me, not my drama, but sucking me in. It was rough enough that it totally pushed my dodgy digestive tract totally over the edge. It left me teetering on the edge of nausea, and made me think I was coming down with a stomach flu, but no, it was just stress. I'm still feeling the effects, but at this point I am so used to my delicate system that I just keep dumping nutrient dense food into my gullet regardless of how I feel. I had an epiphany though, regardless of how much drama swirls around me I will not allow my focus to be ruined. I will rise above all else, keep my head in the moment, and make sure that I am doing the best I can at any given moment throughout the day. It will be a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Really waiting to hear how you did girl.....

    ReplyDelete