Sunday, March 9, 2014

Never Enough Time

    I realized that I am letting my strength training slide a little bit. It is not easy finding the time to do all that needs doing. I am increasing the duration of my endurance workouts which seems to cut into my strength training time. In a few weeks my work schedule is likely changing to an early time frame, so I will get off work by 3:30 or 4:00. This will cut out my morning workouts, which kind of sucks, but on the plus side this will give me time to actually put in long workouts in the afternoons. I have been wondering just how I was going to start fitting in 2 to 3 hour bike rides, 1 to 2 hour runs, and 2 hour swims on a regular basis. Now I will have an extra hour or so every evening, so that may work out well. I will go from smaller workouts twice a day, to longer workouts once a day. So I will still likely be working out until 9:00 at night, just getting an earlier start. I am going to carry running gear with me to work, and throw my bike in the rig a few days so I can ride directly after work while the light is good and I am in town where there are safer routes for me to ride. Yes, I prefer riding in the country, but out my way there are no street lights, nothing remotely resembling a bike lane not even a shoulder to ride on, blind curves and hills, and plenty of logging trucks, dump trucks, and big 4 wheel drive trucks waiting to "accidentally" clip an unsuspecting cyclist. I do plan on hitting the back roads for my longer rides, the 50 to 100 mile rides I will be doing soon enough. But for now I will fit in shorter rides in town after work as often as possible, weather permitting. So much planning to do, so much time yet to be spent, it is mind boggling. And here I sit, wasting time on the computer when I could be working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment